Phillip Schofield, the former This Morning presenter, has been left heartbroken after being dropped by The Prince’s Trust following his confession that he had an affair with a young male colleague and lied to cover it up. The Prince’s Trust is a charity founded by King Charles in 1976 that helps disadvantaged young people find employment. The Trust confirmed on May 30 that they had agreed with Philip to part ways.
Phillip Schofield’s Reaction
Phillip has now shared in his first interview that he is “utterly, utterly broken” and admitted that if “it hadn’t been for my girls last week I wouldn’t be here”. He also stated that he can’t go out and that he doesn’t think a charity will want to be associated with him. He lost everything and now doesn’t know if he will ever work on television again. Phillip also insisted that he “did not groom” the young man with whom he had an affair and that their friendship developed into romance.
Phillip, 61, confessed to the affair in a statement to the Daily Mail last Friday after announcing his departure from the breakfast show after more than 20 years. Contrary to speculation, whilst he met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him get into television, it was only after he started to work on the show that it became more than just a friendship. That relationship was unwise but not illegal. It is now over. ITV said it was “deeply disappointed by the admissions of deceit” made by Phillip and confirmed it had cut all ties with the host.
The network said it had investigated rumours of a relationship between the presenter and a younger employee in 2020 – but both “repeatedly denied” it. The Prince’s Trust, founded by King Charles in 1976 has a number of celebrity ambassadors who support the charity. The Trust helps disadvantaged young people find employment.
Phillip Schofield has been left heartbroken after being dropped by The Prince’s Trust due to his confession of having an affair with a young male colleague and lying to cover it up. Whilst he insists that he “did not groom” the young man with whom he had the affair, he has lost everything and doesn’t know if he will ever work on television again. ITV has cut all ties with the host and The Prince’s Trust confirmed that they had agreed with Philip to part ways.